When you’re in a car…
– Be careful when passing a stopped bus – passengers may be exiting and crossing the street. .
– Always obey all traffic signs and signals; drive carefully when sharing the road with a bus.
– Remember: buses can’t stop as quickly as you can.
When you’re walking…
– Always stop, look, and listen for buses before crossing the street – cross only at crosswalks and be sure to look both ways
– Don’t stand on the street or stand in front of a bus – the driver may not see you or be able to stop in time.
When you are catching a bus…
– Remember: Buses stop for customers standing at bus stops – you do not need to hail them.
– Only exit the bus through the front door.
– As a bus approaches, be sure you are standing away from the street – and never, ever try to catch a moving bus.